Sunday, October 3, 2010

No more crutching!


Hey everyone!!

It's been so good out here.  It was my birthday today, and I was so incredibly blessed by all the texts and FB messages, so thank you!  I love you all. We went to the beach, and then to a really good seafood restaurant in Paia called the "Fish Market." I have officially felt the pain of a real burn.  I have joined the club, and all of you commonly burnt people, I feel your pain. Literally. 




Try to get a ride into Kahului with some of my friends.
The crutches came in handy...


For any of you who knew that I was on crutches for a while, God answered my prayers, and I no longer need the crutches anymore.  My ankle is still pretty sore and stiff, but with time, careful walking, and prayer, I know it will be good in no time at all.  It has really given me a chance to remember why I came out here in the first place.  If I got really upset about being unable to do anything, it would almost mean that I was out here to enjoy the beach and everything else, but I'm truly here to learn and grow closer to God.  That's exactly what I am doing. I love it. 

The weather out here is beautiful and I love the sun, but despite what some of you might think, this is no vacation.
We are on the go from bright and early in the morning until 9 at night most days.  It is such a refreshing, challenging time and I really sense God working in my life. He has been speaking to me a lot about the sacrifices we make in order to follow him completely.  Somedays are harder than others, but I know and trust that God really does work ALL things out together for good for those who love HIM. 

Each Sunday, we all go to different churches that we have been assigned to.  Along with attending, we also serve there.  At my church, Hope Chapel North Shore, there are two groups of us and we switch off each week helping out with the Sunday School classes.  I am with the Pre-school/Kindergarten class and tomorrow will be my first day with them. We got a glimpse of the kids last week and I am so incredibly excited to hang out with them and get to know them.  They are so adorable!

I can't really go into much detail, because it would be dangerous for everyone involved, but I know where I am going for outreach!! I can tell you that I will be in Asia, and I am super excited!! My team members are amazing, and we are already having a lot of fun getting to know each other and bonding.

Just a few prayer requests before I leave, it's pretty late here, but I just wanted to make a quick update.

Classes: That I would receive revelation and have energy for every day's lecture. 
My Ankle: Speedy and complete healing 
Finances: That I would somehow get all my money for outreach
Visas: It is somewhat difficult to get visas for the country where we are going.  Please pray that the whole process would go smoothly.
Flights: We would really love to find flights soon/ CHEAP flights!! :)
Team Unity: That we would be protected and united as a team as we prepare for our outreach
Anything else the Lord puts on your heart.... 

I miss you all!! Be blessed and don't be afraid to send me mail... :)

To contact me at YWAM Maui


Phone: 808-575-4693

YWAM Maui c/o Ehjae Chan
P.O Box 790237
Paia, HI 96779 
If you want to send a package to me email me and ask me for the address.

Email: ehjae.chan@hotmail.com




To contact me at YWAM Maui


Phone: 808-575-4693

YWAM Maui c/o Ehjae Chan
P.O Box 790237
Paia, HI 96779 
If you want to send a package to me email me and ask me for the address.

Email: ehjae.chan@hotmail.com

Blog: www.ehjae.chan.blogspot.org




No comments:

Post a Comment