Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Uganda Update

On Sunday, the Watoto African Children's choir  from Uganda performed, and our family went to it. Something happened inside of my heart that night and I will try my best to describe it to you.
From the moment I sat down to the minute the lights came on, my heart was so softened and sensitive to these kids that I actually began to cry with every song. (They weren't sad songs!) I had my two little cousins sitting next to me, and I was afraid that I would scare them, so I tried my best to conceal it.  It wasn't because I was sad, it was because it was such a beautiful sight.  It was because each one of them is from Uganda.  They ARE Uganda.  My heart was bursting with love for each of them.  It was so affirming for me.. I know that I am supposed to be going to Uganda. My heart has been filled with such a love and an eagerness to be there in Uganda and to be a part of what is happening there. 

That being said, I thought I would fill everyone in on how the finances and logistics of everything is coming along!

Currently, we are trying to make arrangements for our immunizations. We found out that if we go together, we can split the costs of the consultation. That was a happy little surprise.  Some of our plans for the timing of the trip are still up in the air.  Looks like we might be coming home a little later than anticipated. (I'm not complaining)

I have been so blessed by the amount of support that has been coming in through people buying my jewelry, thank you so much to everyone who has bought one of my handmade treasures and to those of you who have been so encouraging to me in this process.

Our deadline to pay the remaining airfare has been pushed back, but I still need another $2000 by next week.  Please be praying for me and possibly consider joining me in this journey by supporting this trip financially.  Also, we will be bringing solar powered lights to Uganda with us, and would love to bring more!! Our college group has already raised a lot of money to purchase lanterns and we are excited to bring as many as we can.  Check out the video below to learn more about the lanterns and the heart behind wanting to bring them. 



If you want to donate, the best way is to send a cheque to Ebenezer Baptist Church. (You can get a receipt for it!!) You can indicate on the memo if you would like the money to be allocated to my funds specifically, or if you want to support our entire team, just make sure that you indicate that it is for the Uganda Trip.  (if you want to give money for the lanterns, indicate that!) If you want to know more about how to do give financially, check out the How To Donate page.

Thanks again to everyone who is reading this, you are all a part of the journey.  Whether it is through encouraging us, supporting us financially or in prayer, or if you are simply staying informed by reading these updates and actually caring about what's happening.. that in itself is support in more ways than I can express. 

I will end saying that we are currently trying to put together a fundraiser, so watch for more info on that to come!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment